Posts under tag: awards
Congratulations to Dr. Jennifer Freyd, who has received the University Senate’s 2017 Wayne T. Westling Award. This award is given annually to the person who the Senate’s Committee on Committees determines “has provided exemplary service and inspired leadership over a period of years and has demonstrated a commitment to the principles of shared governance, participatory decision making, and fostering a campus climate of inclusiveness and respect.”
The two criteria for the Wayne T. Westling Award are:
1) Exemplary service over a period of years to the university through participation in university committees, advisory bodies, or faculty elective positions, and
2) Inspired leadership and commitment to the principles of shared governance, participatory decision-making, and fostering a campus climate of inclusiveness and respect.
Congratulations, Dr. Freyd!
Dr. Caitlin Fausey brings home two prestigious awards!
First, Dr. Fausey received a Grammy research award for a project that she is working on with graduate student Jenny Mendoza and undergraduate student Sabrina Haskinson. This project focuses on characterizing the auditory world of infants. Read more about this exciting project and others that are being conducted in Dr. Fausey’s lab at the Learning Lab website.
Second, Dr. Fausey was honored with an Ersted Award for Distinguished Teaching for her outstanding quality as an instructor at the UO.
Congratulations, Dr. Fausey!
Our wonderful psychology graduate students have taken home several recent awards!
First up, congratulations to the following students who won departmental awards:
- Jessica Kosie, recipient of the Beverly Fagot Dissertation Fellowship
- Jessica Flannery and Lauren Khan, recipients of the Norman D. Sundberg Fellowship
- Atsushi Kikumoto and Liz Loi, recipients of the Gregores Research Award
- Robbie Ross, recipient of the Distinguished Teaching Award
Next, two of our graduate students had great success competing in the 3 Minute Thesis. This year, our department hosted its very own 3MT competition, and Melissa Barnes was the winner! For the 3MT hosted by the Graduate School during the Grad Research Forum, Karlena Ochoa advanced to the UO finals and was awarded the People’s Choice award for her outstanding performance.
Congratulations to our grad student winners!
Several of our graduate students received well-deserved awards from the University of Oregon. Congratulations to the following winners!:
- Michelle Fong, recipient of the Betty Foster McCue Fellowship for Human Performance and Development and recipient of the UO Disseration Fellowship
- Katherine Hagan, recipient of the Gary E. Smith Summer Professional Development Award
- Elizabeth Loi, recipient of the Gary E. Smith Summer Professional Development Award
- Rita Ludwig, recipient of the Sandra Morgen Public Impact Fellowship
We have some great news!
Professor Elliot Berkman received the 2017 Early Career Award from the Social Personality & Health Network for his work integrating social and personality psychology and health behavior research. Congrats, Dr. Berkman!
The award was announced at the annual Social Personality Health preconference to the Society for Personality and Social Psychology Meeting in San Antonio, TX.
Psychology Professor Emeritus Michael Posner has been awarded the 2017 Benjamin Franklin Medal in Computer and Cognitive Science. He was selected to receive this prestigious award for his pioneering use of brain imaging and reaction times to establish the field of cognitive neuroscience and further our understanding of the human mind. With this honor, Dr. Posner joins others recognized throughout history for progressing scientific advancement with their outstanding work, including Stephen Hawking, Jane Goodall, Thomas Edison, and Marie Curie. Click here to read more about Dr. Posner’s award, and the other Franklin Institute award recipients.
Psychology alumni: We want to hear what you’ve been up to! Send us updates about new projects, positions, awards, developments, etc., using THIS FORM, and we’ll include them in the annual departmental newsletter. Please submit by the end of August to be included in that year’s newsletter. We’re looking forward to reading about what you’re up to!
Recipients of 2016-17 CAS Scholarships are:
Carolyn M. Stokes Memorial Scholarship: Colton Christian
Clarence and Lucille Dunbar Scholarships: Danielle Cosme, Erik Knight, Marcus Mayorga, Matthew Robison
Marthe E. Smith Memorial Science Scholarship: Kathryn Iurino
Congrats to our award-winning graduate students!