Dana Lundin

Internship Awards for Students in Financial Need

December 4, 2022 — According to national data, applicants have a 40% higher chance of being hired if they have done an internship in the field and a 60% higher chance if the internship was faculty supervised. Unfortunately, time and money often prevent students from taking advantage of internship programs like the one in our department. The Internship Initiative is a philanthropic endowment that financially supports students, enabling them to engage in experiential learning in the form of psychology internships.

Read full story

Erica Waldron in graduation robe

Award-winning Undergrad Research on Curiosity and Popularity

December 4, 2022 — Erica Waldron, recently graduated from our department, received the Aaron Novick Award for her thesis research. The Clark Honors College gives out this award to recognize students who have conducted especially distinguished research in the field of science. For her thesis, Waldron worked with Dare Baldwin to replicate a 2020 study by Dubey and colleagues on whether online indicators of popularity, such as likes or upvotes, influence curiosity.

Read full story

Rachel Jacobson and Dr. Sara Weston

Rachel Jacobson funded to study narrative psychology and ethnic identity!

November 7, 2022 — One of five recipients of the Dunlop Spark Grant, Rachel Jacobson is using these funds to collaborate with researchers from the University of Minnesota. The research team is bridging narrative psychology and topic modeling to identify how people tell stories about their racial-ethnic identity. Narrative identity is a distinct component of personality that represents a psychosocial construction of the personal past, present, and presumed future.

Read full story

Yoel Everett with Dr. Renneberg's research team

Yoel Everett collaborates internationally on a DBT-informed parenting intervention!

November 2, 2022 — Clinical psychology doctoral student, Yoel Everett received a grant from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to travel to Germany to work with Dr. Babette Renneberg and her team at the Freie Universität Berlin. This past summer he coded video recorded sessions of Dr. Renneberg’s 12-week parenting intervention to identify which Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) skills mothers with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) find helpful.

Read full story

Heather Anderson

Heather Anderson funded to present her research on babies' at-home language!

October 6, 2022 — This summer, Heather Anderson made our department proud by presenting her research on new insights about infants’ auditory environments at the International Congress on Infant Studies (ICIS). Anderson, a doctoral student in the UO Learning Lab, was one of 30 graduate students worldwide to receive the ICIS Graduate Student Travel Award.

Read full story

Leticia Garcia

Leticia Garcia funded to study medical racism

September 9, 2022 — Leticia Garcia, a student in the Online Master’s Program for Psychology, was recently awarded a grant by both the Center for the Study of Women in Society and the Center for Institutional Courage.

Read full story

Lindsay Rait and Erika Moe

Faculty Research Mentor Award for Sarah DuBrow

July 13, 2022 — Before her death shocked our department earlier this year, Dr. Sarah DuBrow was providing exceptional mentoring to her students. At the Undergraduate Research Symposium in May 2022, Sarah’s husband, faculty member Dr. Ben Hutchinson, accepted a faculty mentoring award on her behalf from the Center for Undergraduate Research and Engagement (CURE). 

Read full story

Photo of people connected through technology

Bradley Hughes funded to study SES!

July 6, 2022 — Bradley Hughes, a doctoral student in Sanjay Srivastava’s lab, was recently awarded the Wayne Morris Award & the UO dissertation research fellowship. He’s using this to fund his dissertation research on how people perceive socioeconomic status (SES) interpersonally.

Read full story

Dr. Jennifer Pfeifer on the left and a collage of Team Duckling on the right

Dr. Jennifer Pfeifer and Team Duckling receive Outstanding Research Awards!

June 8, 2022 — Psychology sparkles with the announcement of Outstanding Research Awards from the UO's Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation!! Congrats to Jennifer Pfeifer, recipient of the Advancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Research Award. Dr. Pfeifer recieved this award for her leadership and advocacy in creating a more diverse and inclusive environment. And another huge congratulations to Team Duckling and Caitlin Fausey, recipients of the Impact Award, which recognizes outstanding broader public engagement activity!

Read full story

Alexis Adams-Clark

Alexis Adams-Clark funded to study sexual violence and institutional betrayal

May 26, 2022 — Recognizing her important work in the area of women and gender, both the center for the study of women in society and the society for the psychology of women have awarded Alexis Adams-Clark a graduate student research grant. Alexis, a 5th year clinical student, is using the two grants to fund her longitudinal, mixed-methods study on sexual violence.

Read full story


Subscribe to Awards