Requirements for the Major
Starting Fall 2016, the Psychology major and minor requirements are changing! Please contact an advisor for details on upcoming changes. Advisor contact information is available here.
|Courses||Pre-2016||Fall 2016 onwards|
|PSY 201 & PSY 202||Required, graded C- or better||Required, graded, C or better1|
WR 121 &
WR 122 or WR 123 (123 recommended)
|Math 243 or Math 246 or higher||Acceptable||Required2|
|12 credits of PSY304 – PSY309||no||Required4|
|12 credits of Bio/Chem/Phys/Gen Bio-Gen Chem||Required||no|
|Two 400-level courses from “S list”||Required||no|
|Two 400-level courses from “C list”||Required||no|
|Three 400-level courses (any 3)||no||Required5|
|Elective: 12 additional credits of 300-400 level (up to 4 credits from 401-409)||Required||Required6|
56 total psychology credits
48 upper-division credits, as specified
- If you have a C- grade in PSY 201 or PSY 202 from before fall 2016, you do not need to retake it.
- If you have already taken PSY 302, you do not need to take the new math pre-req.
- If you have already taken PSY 303, you do not need to take PSY 301.
- Include at least one from PSY 304-305.
- Choose any 3 for breadth or emphasis in area of specialization.
- All 300/400 level coursework in addition to core requirements; at least 8 credits from content courses with maximum 4 credits from PSY 401 and/or 409.