Tykeson College and Career Advising is the academic and career advising destination for all students who:
- Have not yet declared a major, referred to as exploring students
- Are declared majors and minors in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Are considering another major or exploring other majors
- Want to explore career options and opportunities
Students with declared majors and minors in the College of Arts and Sciences should also continue to seek advice from faculty when they are looking for specific information about their chosen major or detailed information about their major department and its curricular and co-curricular offerings.
Advising Within Psychology
There are many opportunities for undergraduate psychology majors to receive advising. For advising questions, please reach out by emailing email@example.com. An advisor will get back to you as soon as possible. When emailing psychology advising, use your UO email account and include your ID number with your question.
All of our advisors are trained to help you to tailor your class schedule to your needs. We can help you with planning all of your requirements — university and major requirements. Please email us if you are confused, needing help, or just want to chat about your options for a successful experience at the University. You are ultimately responsible for understanding your degree audit and finishing all requirements successfully.
During the academic year, Psychology’s peer advisors are available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesday hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The main peer advising office is located in 229 Straub. They provide assistance for a variety of problems, from help with figuring out your schedule, to how to sign up for a practicum, to advice on the GRE and getting into graduate school. Peers can be contacted by calling 541-346-4936 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The peer advisors are not available during finals week, term breaks, and summer session. Like Psychology’s Peer Advising on Facebook!
Advisor Contact Info At-a-Glance
The email address for Psychology's advisors is email@example.com. Their names and links to advising hours are listed below.
- Andrew Fridman: General advising -- Monday advising hours 11am-1pm
- Cianna Bedford-Petersen: General advising -- Monday advising hours 3pm-5pm
- Andrew Fridman: General advising -- Tuesday advising hours 11am-1pm
- Yoel Everett: General advising and Practicum -- Tuesday advising hours 3pm-5pm
- Jagdeep Bala: Transfer credit evaluations and general advising -- Wednesday advising hours 11am-1pm
- Yoel Everett: General advising and Practicum -- Thursday advising hours 11am-1pm
- Jagdeep Bala: Transfer credit evaluations and general advising -- Thursday advising hours 1pm-2pm
- Jordan Pennefather: General advising -- Friday advising hours 10am-12n
- Cianna Bedford-Petersen: General advising -- Friday advising hours 2pm-4pm
Add Psychology Major
In order to add psychology as a major, students must attend an advising workshop. Students interested in declaring psychology as a major should email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a new major orientation workshop. During these workshops, advisors will help students become familiar with the psychology curriculum, develop academic plans keeping graduation timelines in mind, become aware of resources in the department, and succeed as a psychology major. In addition, students will fill out forms to declare/add psychology as a major.
Please note: Change of major forms take approximately 3 weeks to process. Students wishing to declare psychology as a major should meet with a psychology advisor to make an appropriate academic plan for upcoming terms.
Add Psychology Minor
Students interested in adding psychology as a minor, or dropping the major/minor, should email email@example.com to make an academic plan and fill out a request form. Once your form is processed by our department, it will take approximately three weeks for the registrar’s office to process the request and update student information in DuckWeb.
When DuckWeb shows psychology as your major or minor, you should be able to register for restricted courses if you have the prerequisites. If you have any questions regarding changing your major or minor to psychology or have problems registering for psychology courses, email Arnita Albertson
Please note: Change of minor forms take approximately 3 weeks to process. Students wishing to declare psychology as a minor should meet with a psychology advisor to make an appropriate academic plan for upcoming terms.